Saturday, May 30, 2015

Stairs Design Ideas

I have a fascination with stairs.

My whole life I lived in houses with stairs. But back then I hated them. I thought they were only made for adults with long legs. I thought they were dangerous. I thought they were scary. That's because the stairs in my parent'd old house were dark and boring. Until, my auntie, who lives next door renovated her own house. She painted her stairs light blue for the steps and white on the side wall. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Simple but beautiful. That's when my parents re-painted our old house. Including our massive stairs.

You see, I realized that when they changed the color of the stairs the whole house shined. Suddenly, everything else around is beautiful. Of course, it was really all about the painted walls, new light fixtures and furniture. But it was also about the stairs that leads to bedrooms. Suddenly, it was inviting to go up and down it. You'd wish it was socially acceptable to hangout there instead of in the living room.

Anyway, that is why we're here. To prove to everyone else that it will be totally acceptable to hangout at this part of the house. Especially when you have stairs like these:


stairs-every-part-of-the-house-1

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-2

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-3
I had been gushing at this inspiration for the longest time now.

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-4
This massive stairs reminds of my fascination with Alice in Wonderland themed everything.

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-5
Granite stone wall, cement steps and steel railings. Mechanical waterfalls under it is optional but may be a requirement.

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-6
Beautiful wooden stairs for small spaces

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-7
Hardwood and Steel for your stairs? How can you go wrong with that?

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-8
For tighter spaces where you'd want your stairs to be.

stairs-every-part-of-the-house-9
A well-lit stairs is everything for the kids and the elders.

Now stop staring. Well, that's about if for today.

What's the important lesson you learned today? That kids are usually most scared of the stairs in your house. You have the option to make it look fun for them to climb them or you spend their entire childhood like trotting beside them up and down. Stop neglecting those stairs and be creative!

Anything you want in particular that you want us to feature in the next blog post? Send us a message here. We'll gladly write some stuff about it for you. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Love from,
Every Part of the House

No comments:

Post a Comment